It is now three days past my birthday, which was an event unfortunately not worth remembering. Although I usually do not like recording unpleasent memories, this is certainly an exception (Just in case I happen to one day think that life is crap, and through my depression chance upon this entry).
Passing out from a course (an army training course, mind you) is always a good and happy thing. Most of the time, anyway. Staying in Tekong for 6 months was already bad enough, but having to discover the news that I was going to spend another 3 more made my day a living nightmare. My new bunk was filled with gloom as bunk mates appeared on the verge of suicide (I kid you not!). Many of them were not the kind of people I was used with (mainly the shy quiet kind without tatoos who would shriek at the thought of laying a finger on anyone else with harmful intent), and my ignorance has already built a barrier between these strangers and I. To make matters worse, our company could only book out at 8pm, 3 hours after the earlier comany (we had to eat dinner in camp!). And as though my life was fated to be forever miserable, I was appointed among a few others for guard duty the next day (all 24 hours of it).
Fortunately, things went uphill from there :)
I got a card from fluff that day! You could never imagine my delight. Perhaps the most wonderful part of my birthday was reading that card (partly because it was also The Only Wonderful Event).
On Sunday, I bought some clothes and presents for Sarah's birthday, which I attended later in the evening. She has a very beautiful house; it's one of those condos which I truely would prefer to stay in than my semi-detached house. I went home to play IL-2: Forgotten Battles and discovered unsurprisingly how horrible I was at being a pilot, and following that joined The Sonnys for beer, coke, snacks and a night of TV.
Finally today I had a lavish family dinner at the Japanese Associations Akane where we drank lots of sake. My brother also gave me the Comple Photography Manual (ahh just what I need! Have you seen the photos?)
I'll just hope optimistically that Tuesday (The Book-In Day) just as good as today
This is perhaps the longest blog I have ever wrote! Come on, I deserve a medal :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment