a too-lazy-to-think-of-a-title day

0c

3 December 2005

Maybe first I should explain the meaning of my previous post, the one where I exclaimed that my parents were mad. Well, they were. Really mad.

Apparently my brother called to tell my Dad that he had borrowed the camera, but my Dad carelessly misunderstood it as "oh, can I borrow your camera?" So he messaged my room (I have this intercom system thingy in my house), and said to have the camera back. But oh-shit-guess-what?, I had lent it to Sarah. Ok, a whole lot of other stuff as well, but that's besides the point. Ya and at that point I don't really know why I did it, but I felt compelled to lie. Haha yeah, I'm such a screwed up person. Lying can get you out of a lot of trouble, you know? But it's also bad. Sigh bad chris. BAD!

Told her that I had mistakenly left it in my bag (which I also dumped on to my friend), and she started screaming, going on and on about how I shouldn't be so careless next time. Well, once you start a not-truth (that's how I'd like to refer to it, lies just sound so bad!), you have to go all the way, right? So well, nothing much to it, just a whole bunch of sorries and I-wont-be-so-blur-next-times!! The next part was pretty unexpected though, she wanted to drive me all the way to Sarah's house to pack it up!? MAD. At 8.30pm at night. When my brother only needed it the next day, but of course tension was building so what to do, right. After a while I just got totally pissed, and said I'd take a cab down to her place myself - no way i'm gonna sit in your car - and was almost on my way out. AND THEN..

My Dad finally said he was talking about the Nikkon D70 SLR (the $2000 camera...). And how would I know, right? 'Cause it wasn't even with me ever (my parents had taken it themselves back from Japan).

Whew, that was quite a bit of explaining. To speed things forward, I ended up going out with the church people to KBox today just so I could avoid preparation for my nephew's birthday party. Maybe on hindsight that was a really immature decision, but on hindsight a lot of things are, yes?

To digress: I think I'd probably improve my chinese faster if I went to KBox for 3 hours every week instead of those dumb chinese tuition lessons. And with KBox there's no homework! Discovered some nice songs though. I quite really really like Fish Leung's Ting Bu Dao (Cannot hear... the literally translation. Right?!?!). But the rest of the songs are soooooooo slow and sleepy. Even worst than Norah Jones, man.

Going out to play DotA again. Bah, cursed games. I'm now envisioning a time 40 years from now, when I'm playing DotA with my grandkids, and the phrase "M-m-monster killl" echoes through the room. Lame, right? But SCARY.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

everything in it's right place design by randomness