0c

4 November 2004

I have COS duty on Sunday. It seems this week as if my once wonderfully slack army life has become a slave's nightmare; task after task to do, people telling me to help our over here and do this over there. I was awoken at 5am on a Monday morning because my platoon had no one assigned as the duty specialist, thus giving me the honourable task. I went to the office at 8 at saw my name listed for this coming Sunday's COS office duty, and at 8.30 the sergeant major told me that I had guard duty that night! And half an hour later my friends accused me of being oh so totally slack! Life's unfair at times; in my case, almost all the time!

After spending the past two days fretting and whining over the recent spate of incredibly bad luck, I have resigned to accepting my fate. I've been trying really hard to change my Sunday duty to a Saturday one, despite the longer hours. So happens that the guy who could take over my Sunday duty went on medical leave! But he's back tonight, so I'll check with him soon. Really hope he accepts it.

Maybe these are the kind of events that God uses to try to change me for the better. Especially on a Monday morning, when Sunday's sermon was about talking to God and never giving up. It's these unbelievable coincidental incidences that somehow move me but I must be really one tough boulder, because even I know that I'm not moving enough. Well, just gotta try to keep trying (is there even such a thing?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

everything in it's right place design by randomness